Handshake Banner - www.These-Hard-Times.com These Hard Times

How To Survive These Hard Times

handshake 4 fingers - www.these-hard-times.com
Home Page - More Information

Heating Oil Fuel Supplements for Winter

snow roof - www.these-hard-times.comby Roger Chartier:

The federal government has a program through the US department of Health and Human Services - Administration for Children and Families called LIHEAP or Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.

You can call 1 866 674-6327 for more information.

Download this brochure for LIHEAP

They can help with assistance for both heating and cooling costs.

Many states that suffer the cold of winter have programs for the poor and elderly to get heating oil or fuel assistance for heating their homes through the winter.

States have different plans. Try to Google "Heating Assistance + the name of your state" for more information.

Massachusetts has Citizen Energy (apply on the phone from Monday through Friday
9AM to 5 Pm 1-877-JOE-4-OIL (1-877-563-4645)

For gas its:

  • Distrigas Gas Heat Program: Call 1-866-427-9918 to leave your message with your name, address, and phone number.
  • Citizens Energy will mail an application to you within 24 hours.